Welcome to Meeker Cooperative Light & Power Association. We are a 7,600-member strong rural electric cooperative that has been supplying our members with electricity and other value-added services since 1935. We are proud to be member-owned. We are even more proud that we are a non-profit cooperative and part of a network of more than 900 rural electric cooperatives across the country that share information, technological advances and "best practices." We all share the same values and principles that speak to hard work, sharing, innovation, integrity and helping our fellow cooperatives and members. We are member-driven, community-focused, and forward thinking. Thank you for visiting.
NOTICE TO MEEKER CO-OP MEMBERS
On Wednesday, March 25, Governor Walz enacted an Executive Order to “Stay at Home.” This “Stay at Home” order is in effect from 11:59 p.m. Friday, March 27 through Friday, April 10. The order provides exemptions for essential services such as electric distribution and broadband/internet service. As an essential service provider, Meeker Cooperative will continue overall business operations while practicing preventative pandemic measures. Keeping the lights on and internet connected is vital to our member-owners as children begin distance learning and parents work from home.
Following are some of the measures we have enacted to ensure the health of the Co-op’s employees and our members while continuing business operations. Additional actions to help members through this pandemic are listed as well.
• Meeker’s office lobby will remain closed at least through the “Stay at Home” order.
• While many employees are working from home your phone calls will continue to be answered as best and quickly as possible during our normal office hours of 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The Co-op’s office number is 320-693-3231.
• Additional ways to contact us are by filling out the Contact Us information on the Coop’s website www.meeker.coop or by email to customerservice@Meeker.coop.
• We have taken actions to ensure the safety and health of our field personnel while we continue to provide reliable service and restore any outages as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We encourage members to make bill payments through:
o SmartHub – SmartHub allows you to manage automatic credit card drafts and make one-time payments via checking/savings or credit card. Online payments will post to your account once you receive a confirmation email. You can sign up for SmartHub at www.meeker.coop.
o Phone – Call 844-834-4462 to make payments by Credit or debit card or bank account. Payments will post to your account once you receive a confirmation number.
o Automatic Bank Draft – Your payment is drafted from your checking or savings account on the due date. Call our office at 320-693-3231 to set up this service.
• We have extended operating under Minnesota’s Cold Weather Rule for nonpayment and will waive late payment fees through Minnesota’s Peacetime Emergency Declaration. We will work with members on establishing payment plans for members requesting such arrangements.
• The Annual Meeting (Business Meeting Only) scheduled for Monday, April 6 is postponed and will be rescheduled for later in the year. Our members in District 5 also received a ballot for director elections in that district. Those ballots will be held by the Cooperative’s law firm for counting at the rescheduled Annual Meeting.
• To help members with school age children that need to do E-learning get connected to Rip Snort’n Fast internet we are offering a VIBRANT U Education Scholarship. The Scholarship offers three months free of VIBRANT’s Essential Internet Package. Check it out on VIBRANT’s website vibrantbroadband.com/scholarship.
• Communication is key. As we face these unique and unprecedented times together, please help us communicate in a timely, and cost-effective manner by providing us with your current email address. I simply ask you to go our website Meeker.coop and click on the link to provide your email address. Please be assured we do not sell any member information nor allow others to use it in any way. Thank you.
The Board of Directors and employees understand this is a difficult time and we remain confident that with a focus on safety and health we will get through this successfully. Please be assured that your team at Meeker Cooperative Light and Power Association continues to work hard to keep your lights on and VIBRANT internet streaming.
We thank you for your patience and understanding. Stay healthy and safe.
Karen Becker, Board President
Tim Mergen, CEO/GM
CLICK THE IMAGE FOR MORE
INFORMATION OR TO SIGN UP!