Welcome to Meeker Cooperative Light & Power Association. We are a 7,600-member strong rural electric cooperative that has been supplying our members with electricity and other value-added services since 1935. We are proud to be member-owned. We are even more proud that we are a non-profit cooperative and part of a network of more than 900 rural electric cooperatives across the country that share information, technological advances and "best practices." We all share the same values and principles that speak to hard work, sharing, innovation, integrity and helping our fellow cooperatives and members. We are member-driven, community-focused, and forward thinking. Thank you for visiting.
NOC Support Technician
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Support Technician is responsible for all equipment provisioning installation inquiries, basic troubleshooting and support for installation technicians and construction groups. In addition, the NOC support technician will be responsible for building and maintaining customer information using our network management programs. Furthermore, the NOC support technician will need to be able to communicate with other NOC personnel for escalating unresolved internal and external customer issues.
What You Will Do:
- Handle customer service inquiries and enter customer information into management programs.
- Provide all initial customer support and basic troubleshooting for customer in-home networks and Information Technology (IT) support, manage ticket escalation, and follow up after a resolution has been determined.
- Support onsite installation technicians doing initial service turn up and service maintenance.
- Provision subscriber services during installation and support installation technicians with network testing after provisioning is complete.
- Support the construction group and other network personnel in the field when network operation issues occur.
- Accurately maintain database of customer information including contact information, device information and configuration, and service history.
- Actively monitor the network and proactively contact the customer if their equipment reports errors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with computers and other electronic devices
- Experience with Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Knowledge of network equipment (Fiber, Wireless, Ethernet)
- Communicate effectively with other individuals and teams
- Capable of entering customer data correctly and consistently
- Strong customer service skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn basic troubleshooting steps and execute them properly
Job Types: Full-time, shift work is required.
- Customer service or troubleshooting support (preferred)
- Electronic data entry or logging (preferred)
- Network configuration and troubleshooting (preferred)
Minimum Education Requirements: HS diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree (preferred)
Interested candidates should email resume with three professional references and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Mary Alice Holm, Executive Coordinator, Meeker Cooperative, 1725 US Hwy 12, Suite 100, Litchfield MN 55355 by April 5, 2019.
MCLP is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.