CONNECTING YOUR RENEWABLE ENERGY SYSTEM TO THE GRID
Solar Energy that is easy, affordable and available!
With the Meeker Member Solar Project, you can lease solar for 20 years:
- without installing any equipment
- without worrying about ongoing maintenance and repairs
The Co-op has constructed a 39.8 kW array with 96 410-watt panels. The output from these panels is available for lease by Meeker Co-op members who wish to do so.
Each panel is estimated to produce 582 kWh per year (average over 20 years). The total array output will total about 56,500 kWh annually. Production will vary from month to month and year to year. Generally, solar panels produce more energy in the summer and less in the winter, due to the hours of sunlight. The goal is to have this project financed by members who wish to participate in this solar array, and not by the general membership.
See the Current Array Output
What is Member Solar?
Member solar refers to an array that is built in one place to generate electricity from the sun, but the participants who share in the array’s production (kWh output) may live in different places, even far away from the physical location of the array. The participants may not be directly responsible for the care and maintenance of the solar garden, although they share in the benefit of what is produced.
How will the Co-op’s Member Solar Project work?
Meeker Cooperative has constructed the solar array at the site of the Litchfield Substation just northwest of the Co-op at the intersection of Hwy. 34 and Hwy. 24 near Litchfield. Meeker Cooperative owns, insures, and maintains the array.
Co-op members may subscribe to lease the kWh output of one or more panels. That entitles the member to all of the kilowatt-hours (kWh) generated by their share of the array for 20 years.
Benefits for the member:
- Avoids the hassles of constructing, owning, insuring, and maintaining an array personally
- Less costly for member than having array on their own property
- Participation with other Co-op members in a solar project
- Know a portion of their electricity is generated locally, from a renewable source of energy
- Alternative for members who cannot have an array in their own yard due to site issues or cost
- Long-term investment opportunity and hedge against rising electric rates in the future
- Renters can purchase solar with this program
- Lease solar from trusted local energy experts
- Members may purchase a lease as a gift or legacy for member children or grandchildren
Benefits for Meeker Cooperative:
- No cost shifting to members who do not participate. (Participants pay 100% of the project costs)
- Opportunity to offer solar-generated kWh to members.
- Allows employees to become educated on how solar works
How can a Member get involved if they wish?
Meeker Cooperative is excited for our members to be able to take part in this solar project if they choose to. Therefore, we have made it as simple and beneficial as we can by offering our members three 20-year leasing options:
- Option #1:
- Member pays $175 up front
- Member pays 15 cents/kWh produced
- Option #2:
- Member pays $1,325 up front
- Any kWhs produced is credited to the member’s account at the Co-op’s current applicable rate
- Option #3:
- Member pays $975 up front
- Member receives a free 50-gallon super-efficient water heater w/mixing valve, or $500 credit toward a larger-capacity unit and goes on Meeker’s Peak Shave Water program
- Member forfeits the $4 monthly Peak Shave bill credit
- Any kWhs produced by the solar panel(s) is credited to the member’s account at the Co-op’s current applicable rate
For additional information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions below, or contact us at the Co-op at 320-693-3231 and we will be happy to answer any question you have.
Renewable energy wind farms
Join with fellow members to support clean, renewable wind energy. For an additional $1 per 100 kWh block of electricity per month, you can do your part to support the effort toward the production of more wind energy programs and make a difference here and now. Contact us to participate.
Note: This page includes downloadable files that are in Adobe PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download Acrobat Reader free of charge from Adobe's web site. This is a safe, fast and easy installation. This page also includes downloadable files that are in Microsoft Word format and require Microsoft Word to open. If you do not have Microsoft Word but need access to these forms, please contact our office.