Pay Your Bill
Automatic Payment Plan (Bank Draft)
Never get a late payment charge again! Meeker Cooperative Light and Power Assn.’s Automatic Payment Plan is an easy, safe solution to paying your bills. It also saves you time and money!
Today, people of all ages use an auto pay program of some type to pay bills; no one enjoys taking the time to write out a check, address an envelope, buy a stamp and get it to the mailbox. Auto Pay eliminates all of that.
Here’s how it works: Once you complete the ACH Authorization form, Meeker Cooperative Light and Power Assn. will begin the process with your bank to be able to automatically deduct the amount of your electric bill from your checking or savings account. This may take up to one full billing cycle before your first payment will be automatically deducted.
You will still receive an electric bill (either electronically or via the mail) to keep track of your usage and bill amount. You’ll also receive a statement from your bank showing the Auto Pay transaction, so you will know that a payment has been made. This process is completely safe and secure.
Credit Card and Electronic Check Payment Options
No more trips to the post office! Payment is posted the next day! Meeker Cooperative Light and Power Assn. has partnered with National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) to offer payment by credit card or electronic check. Payment can be processed by telephone at 1-844-834-4462 or through the SmartHub application. Visa, Master Card and Discover are accepted at this time. Recurring credit card payment is not available.
For the first time making payments using the phone system or the SmartHub application, have your most recent bill statement available. It will be used to verify account information and set-up security features. Once you call the phone number or access the SmartHub application, follow the prompts with the step-by-step instructions.
NISC processes credit card and electronic check payments on our behalf and charges a small convenience fee per transaction. This fee is collected and retained by NISC. Meeker Cooperative Light and Power Assn. does not receive any of the money collected for the convenience fee.
The convenience fee for credit card and electronic check payments is $3.95 for each payment. Payment transaction limits are $500 for credit card payments and $25,000 for electronic check payments. Before you are asked to confirm payment, the convenience fee will be displayed. You will always have the right to cancel the transaction.
You may make a partial payment of your invoice, but you will be charged a separate fee each time you make a payment.
More Payment Options
- Mail payment and bottom portion of the bill to 1725 US Hwy. 12 E, Litchfield, MN 55355. Please allow time for payment to be received and processed by the due date. Write your account number on the check/money order.
- Cash, check or money order payments can be made at our office during normal business hours or put in the drop box located in front of our office at any time.
- Levelized billing is available. Using this option, your monthly billing amount reflects a rolling average over previous 12 month period and will not fluctuate as much as you would see on our non-levelized billing program. There will be slight fluctuations each month, but is easier to stay on a budget because the fluctuations are much smaller.
- No-cost payment options are available through our Auto Pay (Bank Draft) program
- Recurring credit card payment is not available.
If you have other questions, or need more information about paying your bill by credit card or electronic check, please contact member service or call 320-693-3231, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.