Welcome to Meeker Cooperative Light & Power Association. We are a 7,600-member strong rural electric cooperative that has been supplying our members with electricity and other value-added services since 1935. We are proud to be member-owned. We are even more proud that we are a non-profit cooperative and part of a network of more than 900 rural electric cooperatives across the country that share information, technological advances and "best practices." We all share the same values and principles that speak to hard work, sharing, innovation, integrity and helping our fellow cooperatives and members. We are member-driven, community-focused, and forward thinking. Thank you for visiting.
Stay up to date with Co-op news and scheduled outages for maintenance that are sent via email. To make sure your email is current, please click on the Contact Us button at the top of the home page and fill out the form along with your current email and click send. Thank you for helping us to keep you "up-to-date!"
Meeker Cooperative is hiring a
Network Operating Center (NOC) Support Technician
Interested candidates should email resume with three professional references and salary history to WorkAt@meeker.coop or by mail to Mary Alice Holm, Executive Coordinator, Meeker Cooperative, 1725 US Hwy 12, Suite 100, Litchfield MN 55355 by June 22, 2020.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Support Technician is responsible for all initial customer support including installation inquiries and basic troubleshooting. The NOC support technician will also be responsible for all support for our installation technicians and construction groups. In addition, the NOC support technician will be responsible for building and maintaining customer information and provision customer equipment using our network management systems. Furthermore, the NOC support technician will need to be able to communicate with other NOC personnel for escalating unresolved internal network and external customer issues.
What You Will Do:
- Handle customer service inquiries and enter customer information into management programs.
- Provide all initial customer support and basic troubleshooting for customer in-home networks and Information Technology (IT) support, manage ticket escalation, and follow up after a resolution has been determined.
- Schedule service calls and reschedule installs if conflicts arise.
- Support onsite installation technicians doing initial service turn up and service maintenance.
- Provision subscriber services, both internet and VoIP, during installation and support installation technicians with network testing after provisioning is complete.
- Support the construction group and other network personnel in the field when network operation issues occur.
- Build and keep database of customer information including contact information, device information and configuration, and service history.
- Actively monitor the network and proactively contact the customer if their equipment reports errors.
- Experience with computers and other electronic devices
- Experience with Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Knowledge of network equipment (Fiber, Wireless, Ethernet)
- Communicate effectively with other individuals and teams
- Capable of entering customer data correctly and consistently
- Strong customer service skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn basic troubleshooting steps and execute them properly
Full-time, shift work is required.
- Customer service or troubleshooting support: 3 years (preferred)
- Electronic data entry or logging: 2 years (preferred)
- Network configuration and troubleshooting (preferred)
Minimum Education Requirements: Associate’s degree (or equivalent experience).
Again, Interested candidates should email resume with three professional references and salary history to WorkAt@meeker.coop or by mail to Mary Alice Holm, Executive Coordinator, Meeker Cooperative, 1725 US Hwy 12, Suite 100, Litchfield MN 55355 by June 22, 2020.
MCLP is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
NOTICE TO MEEKER CO-OP MEMBERS
Meeker Cooperative is committed to the safety of its members and employees. As a result, we are closely following the guidelines of the Governor and CDC during this pandemic. As an essential service provider, Meeker Cooperative will continue overall business operations while practicing preventative pandemic measures. Keeping the lights on and internet connected is vital to our member-owners.
Following are some of the measures we have enacted to ensure the health of the Co-op’s employees and our members while continuing business operations. Additional actions to help members through this pandemic are listed as well.
• Meeker’s office lobby will remain closed at least through the “Stay at Home” order.
• While many employees are working from home your phone calls will continue to be answered as best and quickly as possible during our normal office hours of 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The Co-op’s office number is 320-693-3231.
• Additional ways to contact us are by filling out the Contact Us information on the Coop’s website www.meeker.coop or by email to customerservice@Meeker.coop.
• We have taken actions to ensure the safety and health of our field personnel while we continue to provide reliable service and restore any outages as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We encourage members to make bill payments through:
o SmartHub – SmartHub allows you to manage automatic credit card drafts and make one-time payments via checking/savings or credit card. Online payments will post to your account once you receive a confirmation email. You can sign up for SmartHub at www.meeker.coop.
o Phone – Call 844-834-4462 to make payments by Credit or debit card or bank account. Payments will post to your account once you receive a confirmation number.
o Automatic Bank Draft – Your payment is drafted from your checking or savings account on the due date. Call our office at 320-693-3231 to set up this service.
• We have extended operating under Minnesota’s Cold Weather Rule for nonpayment and will waive late payment fees through Minnesota’s Peacetime Emergency Declaration. We will work with members on establishing payment plans for members requesting such arrangements.
• The Annual Meeting (Business Meeting Only) scheduled for Monday, April 6 is postponed and will be rescheduled for later in the year. Our members in District 5 also received a ballot for director elections in that district. Those ballots will be held by the Cooperative’s law firm for counting at the rescheduled Annual Meeting.
• To help members with school age children that need to do E-learning get connected to Rip Snort’n Fast internet we are offering a VIBRANT U Education Scholarship. The Scholarship offers three months free of VIBRANT’s Essential Internet Package. Check it out on VIBRANT’s website vibrantbroadband.com/scholarship.
• Communication is key. As we face these unique and unprecedented times together, please help us communicate in a timely, and cost-effective manner by providing us with your current email address. I simply ask you to go our website Meeker.coop and click on the link to provide your email address. Please be assured we do not sell any member information nor allow others to use it in any way. Thank you.
The Board of Directors and employees understand this is a difficult time and we remain confident that with a focus on safety and health we will get through this successfully. Please be assured that your team at Meeker Cooperative Light and Power Association continues to work hard to keep your lights on and VIBRANT internet streaming.
We thank you for your patience and understanding. Stay healthy and safe.
Karen Becker, Board President
Tim Mergen, CEO/GM
CLICK THE IMAGE FOR MORE
INFORMATION OR TO SIGN UP!